John Judge - Bathurst School of Arts. Local Society member has been researching the historic Bathurst School of Arts building, (below) which unfortunately is no longer with us and what remains is not recognizable and the rest was demolished. Land for the School of Arts was selected as early as 1844 but it seems the first location didn’t please the committee and so land on the corner of Howick and William Street was purchased later. Imagine how proud Dr. Busby was at the Annual General Meeting on 18th February 1862, to report to the gathering that the Bathurst School of Arts now had their own building, this being for their permanent library.
Date of Muster: 16 February 2017